What we are doing and what we ask you to do concerning our practice and the pandemic.
While Valerie's Massage complies with the guidelines of the state health department and TDLR and the National Massage Association to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 / SARS virus, we can only reduce the risk of infection, we cannot eliminate it. We ask you to do your part as well.
It is your responsibility to inform us if you test positive for COVID-19 or believe you may have it or have come in contact with someone who has been infected! In return it is our responsibility to inform you of the same.
In order to help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 the following is a list of questions you will be asked. Please answer truthfully and honestly and remember some out there are more susceptible to this virus than others such as cancer patients and people with immunity disorders, these types of people still come for therapeutic services, so please keep them in mind when we ask for truthful answers. You understand that providing inaccurate information can be dangerous to your own health and the health of others.
1. Do you believe in the last 2 weeks that you may have come in contact with Covid?
2. Within the last 2 weeks have you traveled outside your hometown to other areas in the U.S.?
3. Within the last 3 weeks have you been in a foreign country or an area with a high infection rate of COVID-19?
4. Are you currently awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test?
5. Do you have a fever?
6. Do you have shortness of breath?
7. Do you have a dry cough?
8. Do you have a runny nose?
9. Do you have a sore throat?
10. Do you have any allergy symptoms that are not actually related to allergies such as sneezing, watery eyes, sinus pressure or pain?
11. Have you experienced headaches, fatigue, or weakness that you wouldn't normally?
12. Have you lost your sense of taste or smell?
13. Do you have any rash or discoloration on you body, particularly your feet?
14. Have you experienced swelling, pain, or other symptoms consistent with a blood clot?
I no longer wear a mask during sessions except for the time that you are faced up and your shoulders, face, or scalp are being worked on, (Close face proximity).
I have also purchased a HEPPA filter for the massage room. I will book all massages at minimum 30 minutes apart from the last so that the room may have time to air out and filter in between clients.
Everything is cleaned constantly between clients and at the end of day, this has always been but so that you may have ease of mind here are some of the things I do:
-All linens are changed
-Table top, legs, face cradle, every part is cleaned with a cleanser that kills 99.9% of germs and viruses including staph.
-Every surface and extension that is touched or not is cleaned with a cleanser that kills 99.9% of germs and viruses, such as door knobs, light switches, counters, towel warmer, fan, massage table, any massage equipment used, stools, floors, sinks, sanitizer bottles, cream containers, etc.
-Every cream cup is disinfected and cleaned first with a bleach or a cleanser that kills 99.9% of germs and viruses then with antibacterial dish soap and rinsed thoroughly with clean water.
These are just some of the many things we are doing here in the facilities, and we aim to keep germs away as best as possible. I hope that you can feel more relaxed and comfortable knowing that I am going to take the very best precautions I can.